We understand that every individual has their own unique expectations and preferences for the use of their masks. For this reason, we create our masks with high-quality workmanship and materials for extended value and wear, and make them as customizable as possible for easy tailoring to one's needs. Our handmade masks are made right in our Wadsworth, Ohio, USA studio from 100% cotton and are washable and reusable.
* are 100% machine wash and dryable, and we recommend washing before first use
* are made from 2 layers of cotton quilting fabric
* are top-stitched to help the mask keep its shape through multiple laundering cycles
* have a built-in filter pocket in the back - we do not include filters, but paper towels and coffee filters are commonly used for those who want an extra layer in their masks
* include one chenille stem (pipe cleaner) section, for creating a more molded form around the nose. There is no sewn-in channel for this wire, UNLESS YOU PURCHASE THE VERSION WITH A NOSE BRIDGE. Wearers may hand-sew a channel at home to help keep the wire in place, if needed. We recommend that these wires be removed before washing.
* have an optional upgrade nose bridge - choose this option and we will sew a coated wire section into your mask to help create a more formed fit around your nose, great for keeping glasses from fogging up!
* use hair ties as the ear loops. Note that, over time, the elastics will stretch (anyone who wears underwear has experienced this!). Also, if the wearer has chosen a size that is too small, the elastics loops are prone to popping - be sure to choose the size that best matches your face dimensions for the most reliable fit and longevity of ear loop use.
Need more elastic? Get it here: https://sapphireandsage.com/products/elastic-cord-for-fabric-face-mask-1-yard-length
* easily customizable!!! Want a longer ear loop? Easy-peasy! Want an "around the head" wearing style? No problem! Simply snip the hair tie loop, and insert your material of choice!
Here's a video that shows you how to swap out your loops in a few quick and easy steps (and follow our page while you are there!): https://www.facebook.com/opaldragonflyboutique/videos/873601949800195/
Fabric prints are limited and may sell out before we can process your order. If that happens, we will let you know ASAP so that you may select another fabric or cancel that item.
* To receive discount, have at least 10 masks in your order at the time of checkout. The discount will be applied to the mask in your order that is of the least dollar value.
Please understand that our face masks are not a replacement for medical grade Personal Protective Equipment, and in circumstances where medical grade Personal Protective Equipment is recommended, you should consult a health care professional. The decision to use this mask is solely your own.
Please remember that use of face masks is not intended to replace other recommended measures to stop the community spread of COVID-19, such as social distancing, washing your hands and refraining from touching your face. They are not intended for use on infants, and can be a breathing hazard. Follow the latest advice of the CDC and your own health care professionals as to how best to keep yourself safe.